Go Back   NiceCoder Community Forums > Nicecoder Products > Archived Support > IndexU Deluxe > Blocks and Modification

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 AM

creati54 is on a distinguished road
Red face Couple of questions...

Sorry again in advanced, but been picking over this for days now and can't seem to find what I need to make the following happen. Here are the two things I'd like to accomplish:

Business Listing Title links to listing details rather than being an outgoing company URL. Is there a shortcut/code to doing this? And if so, what all files needed to be edited to make it universal throughout the site, or is there one general file to change that will change this for all listing types (featured, sponsored, hot etc)

Is it possible to disable PageRank? How would this be done?

Is it possible to set it so that the rotating image isn't a screenshot of the website snapshot, but rather a business logo? Or will this take place when images are uploaded. Basically I am hoping there isn't some setting that by default thumbshots.com auto generates the image, rather than using the image you upload..

Thanks again Hopefully I explained those well!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Administrator

dody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leeah,

You can use indexu for business listing. If url become less important, you can set url field to be not required or invisible. To do this, in admin panel > links > default field.

To make template to be more unique, you may want to start with header.html and footer. To change how the listing layout, you need to change: rows.html, sponsored_rows.html and premium_rows.html.

I have written some tutorials, please check it here:
https://github.com/dodyrw/indexu-doc/

To disable/remove PR, you need to remove the pagerank_stat block in sidebar. And modify rows.html too.

Rotating company logo is possible too. You need to modify /blocks/block.slide.php
Yahoo ID: dodyrw@ymail.com
Live: dodyrw@hotmail.co.id
GTalk: dodyrw@gmail.com
Twitter: indexudev (follow me to get updated)
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 PM

creati54 is on a distinguished road

Hi Dody!

Thanks for your reply! I'm not quite sure you understand what I mean about redirecting the links.

Right now when I'm viewing listings, and I click on a Business Name in any listing category... The title link I click takes me out of MY web site and to THEIR web site. I do not want this. When you click the business link I would like the business listing title link to take me to the listing details page the SAME WAY the "details" button takes you to the "details" of the listing when it is clicked. I am looking for what specific line of code/hook you're using to do this.

Make sense?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Administrator

dody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond reputedody has a reputation beyond repute

I see. The file is /themes/komet/rows.html

In line 10
Code:
Content visible to registered users only. Please register at http://www.nicecoder.com/community/register.php
You need to change <%$url%> to pointing to detail page. Change it to : <%$site_url%>/<%$detail_page_url%>

The final code will be :
Code:
Content visible to registered users only. Please register at http://www.nicecoder.com/community/register.php
Also notice that it has name="link_<%$link_id%>
That is used to count the hit counter. So when someone clicking on that link, the hit counter will be up. Of course it has some prevention method to prevent multiple count from the same person.
Yahoo ID: dodyrw@ymail.com
Live: dodyrw@hotmail.co.id
GTalk: dodyrw@gmail.com
Twitter: indexudev (follow me to get updated)
Closed Thread